Search This Blog

Thursday, January 31, 2008

All Sweats

Swt still studying my psychology. Haven't finish man and exams around the corner swt. Guess I too confident liao cause summer only one subject. Currently studying Perception. Please pray for me XD - pray that I can remember what I study, maintain healthy and be able to perform in the exams !!

Haha psychology is just plain interesting lol. If you have nothing to do and just want a good read go look up a psychology text book. I would recommend Bernstein et al. (author). While reading psychology, I found that most of the analogies and principles actually we all are already applying it but didn't notice it. Most simple example is classical and operant conditioning swt.

Classical conditioning is kind of association learning that forms when you always do something so when you're doing it again it seems easy to do. The typical procedure for inducing classical conditioning involves presentations of a neutral stimulus along with a stimulus of some significance. It could be also fears that you face it is called classical conditioning. So if you are afraid of heights don't be quick to assume it is a phobia it could be just because u haven't condition yourself to heights. Reminds of me doing somersaults. when I first did somersaults I get some kind of headache each time I do it. After conditioning myself to it I don't have any headaches anymore doing somersaults.

Another example is Pavlov's experiment. During his research on the physiology of digestion in dogs, Pavlov noticed that, rather than simply salivating in the presence of meat powder (an innate response to food that he called the unconditioned response), the dogs began to salivate in the presence of the lab technician who normally fed them.

Operant conditioning is like training a dog. If you ask it to sit and it sits you reward it is call a reinforcement. So if you keep reinforcing when he follows your instructions it will always listen to the word sit when u ask. Sounds familiar ? Like if you study hard and smart don't forget to reward yourself and give yourself a pat on the back =p

Another example is when your dog does something nasty maybe shitting on the floor? You can give him a negative reinforcement like scolding him, not giving him food or just simply punushing it. This reduces the frequency of the dog doing that nasty thing again. Swts haha.

So much sweat, got to mop the floor, endz

And before I forget, ALL THE BEST TO MONASH STUDENTS WHO ARE TAKING SUMMER!!

ps: is it me or imeem is superbly slow at loading the songs zZzZ swt

1 comment:

junguan said...

Hey Patrick! Good to know you are alright, you are the best! good luck!