Search This Blog

Monday, September 20, 2010

Insatiable taste for success

Time to time and especially now I have this dying thirst in me to succeed. I didn't do well in my degree and I feel limited by it. I am in need of an opportunity to redeem myself. Yes I have all myself to blame for this. I guess I was playful, naive and stubborn. I took things for granted but I guess through mistakes we become stronger.

It really bites me to my core on how others are better than me at this stage but I do know I'm not supposed to envy and I am sorry to be insensitive on this. I am willing to do what it takes even if it means sleepless nights to achieve it but please show me that it is worth it. I have this innate of learning as much as I can but seems to me I have problem focusing on stuff at hand that some call me jack of all trades master of none. Well this happens to me because some how along the way I will jump over to things that are more highlighted important.

"Maybe I will take longer than some, maybe I won't get it, who cares I'll just do my best I guess." quotes from my thoughts.

I'm in need of good advice and guidance on this. I am still in search of a mentor that would guide me to the top. If you're reading this hope this encourages you a little if not just encourage me then.


"==================="

According to many, the tech sector may still be the quickest road to the top. More public-company CEOs age 40 and under lead organizations involved in technology products or services than work in any other industry.

This are the top 22 traits of a top person in the working world after research and sources - How to Think Like a CEO by D.A. Benton
  1. Secure in self
  2. In control of attitude
  3. Tenacious
  4. Continuously Improving
  5. Honest and Ethical
  6. Thinking before talking
  7. Original
  8. Publicly modest
  9. Aware of style
  10. Gutsy / A little wild
  11. Humorous
  12. A tad theatrical
  13. Detail oriented
  14. Good at their job and willing to lead
  15. Fighters for their people
  16. Willing to admit mistakes, yet unapologetic
  17. Straightforward
  18. Nice
  19. Inquisitive
  20. Competitive
  21. Flexible
  22. Good Storytellers
outz
pat

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=152862328071768&id=150221854991848

Wonder will you grasp the essence!

-omicron