Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Guess Who's Back


I'm back and it has been a long time since I've blogged. Some say I've just got out of jail and I'm ready to kick some ass. All we know is that he is out and he is known as Patwick. So he learns to quote like The Stig's introduction.

Feels great to be out of National Service. My early views about National Service is that it was a waste of time. Timing for National Service can never be better (so call better). Bugging me when I started college, bugging me when I was in UNI and even bugging me when I was working in SG. Thus I'm happy that I got over with it.

As a 24 yr old going to National Service and letting go of everything for approximately 3 mths, I guess you would agree with me that it SUCKS big time.

For those who don't know my camp is in Semenyih called Setia Ikhlas. According to many it is the No 1 camp in Malaysia. There are only two camps in Malaysia that has ISO, mine and the other is in Sepang called Princess *something*.

In camp I met all sort of people. In some ways I felt so blessed because there were so many people who were drop outs and didn't even have a complete primary education. There aren't many people who could speak English. My Cantonese and Mandarin wasn't fluent but some how I managed to adapt. Don't say English, Cantonese or even Mandarin, many couldn't speak Bahasa Malaysia. It was suffering that I had to be people's personal translator when some could even speak better Mandarin and Cantonese than me.

Most of the time, people there didn't care to participate, they just decided camp sucks I'm here and I want to go home so make it quick. Despite how much I try my best to get them to do things, they wouldn't bulge. So I decided I'm just going to do my best here, be happy as possible and think positive. The teachers were quite strict but actually they were super nice, they have to be strict so that discipline is maintained as well as instill some fear into mischievous people.

Plenty of stories and pretty long ones. To summarize I would say National Service really had a good impact on me. Some might say brain washing but honestly the modules and the structure of the camp was really good. I have a better understanding about our country, culture as well as being more patriotic. If you have a chance to go for National Service I'd say make the best out of it and enjoy it while you are there, be positive and see what you can learn from there.

Yes probably there are many things that National Service can improve on but I guess how much we enjoy camp and how much we can gain from it is as good as the trainee him/herself.

I'm glad that I managed to bring something back which would mark a milestone in my life. I won the Best Overall Trainee Award aka Wira Keseluruhan Terbaik.


=One of my favorite songs from camp=



Back from camp and L4D2 still Rocks and Starcraft 2 =) [protoss still my fav race]


No comments: