Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Today, this got me really thinking. Went to Ikano F.C. MEATBALL and played a game of catan. For the case of adventure, I decided to do something I would never do (I bid less numbers such as a double 10 and a double 11). To my surprise I kept getting cards from the dice throw. It came to a part whereby I got 9 points (10 means win) and it was my turn (RUSH FTW). 

So there was me seeing myself confident in winning and all I needed was any card besides wood. Darrel shows me his one and only card a Clay which if i took it I would win. BUTTT!!! I didn't want to win that way (my silly thinking) so I decided to take risk/chance --> end up I lost the game. 

Man I do feel stupid though I deny it but the fact is I don't think I'd feel happy winning in such a manner. "You're an idiot if you didn't take the win" says some. Still feels winning isn't everything. 

Sometimes in life a small choice affects everything and we can only move forward. I tend to always think WHAT IF. I guess i'm just thinking too much. There goes the theory whats the difference between First and Second best. "If someone is just a little better than you he is better than you" says Rico Tan a phrase I remember when I was working at JTM. 

Quote www.thepippo.com "Life is like a game of dice. 6 possibilities, everybody on earth has an equal chance. Breaking down the math, yes, there are various variables and environmental factors. Whatever your roll was, there are about a billion people just like you. Its what you do with your life and the ways you impacted this world that will be remembered by history." = Just the right choice at the right time makes a whole lot of difference & we only have one chance to do it (I guess different people would have different odds).

Bottom line after some thinking, I need to change this habitual thinking - seems like when things are too easy I tend to think twice of taking it and when it is too hard to get I think twice also whether to fight for it. Question is if it were not to be a game and the choice is between doing a right or wrong would I still pick to lose because it is right? What Would You Do?

No comments: