Search This Blog

Monday, April 20, 2009

Psychology of Thought

Today was a really interesting day. I joined a psychology class (not taking the module). Got into a group of 4 which includes me (the rest all girls). Why am I not surprised, I presented the debate and also think out the ideas. But the thing is what I learn was a relapse cause I took this sub 1 year ago.

There were many questions like for example "A drunk driver runs down and kills your three year old son. When the case comes to trial, the presiding judge takes into account the fact that it is a first offense and with remissions the man will be out of jail in three months. What would you do?"

I answered that I would appeal for higher penalty because it is just not fair 3 months isn't a justifiable punishment even though it is his first time. He would do it again. Then comes the debate if you didn't get approval for higher penalty what would you do? All eyes were on me. I said forgive and forget. Some say go revenge haha.

Well each of the questions that were asked can be always debatable. No right or wrong. Actually all things are debatable. For example someone is driving crazily on the road, some might curse that person but what if actually he was rushing to the hospital for an emergency. Would you react the same way? It all boils down to each person's reasoning.

Bottom line
- Why didn't I study PSYCHOLOGY for my degree. So much more interesting and would ace it definitely.

-Don't prejudge or assume people's actions. Try to think in their shoes and understand before acting.


Was reading a friends blog and felt exactly the same way. I can say my life is filled with failures too. Many belief it takes lots of failures before you reach success. Even Steve Jobs and Einstein had to go through endless failures to become what they are today.

Life is really unexplainable. You could be a top student today and you could flunk tomorrow. It could be related to environment, people you mix with and experience. What makes me feel sad is that I didn't always put in my 100% effort or used my full potential. I feel personally that people always put high hopes on me and I end up disappointing them (feels guilty always for this).

I guess everyone deserves a second chance. I believe in finishing strong in life. Average life expectancy of a person in the world today is 70. What I believe is that you can never bring any materials back to the grave. Life might end here today (many say 2012) for all you know. What is most important is how you live it. I would definitely like to touch the world and make a huge difference.

Though having a big car and materialistic things can't be taken to the grave why not aim high. The saying goes aim for the skies and if you don't reach you''ll hit the stars, it you won't be that far away either from the sky (prolly higher than lots). I remember writing in a book and filling in the book with dreams I want to achieve. Keep dreaming cause you got nothing to lose and it is scientifically proven that those that hardly dream have lower chance of getting what they want. Define SUCCESS....

Now of days Negativity is so common. When I was working at a sales management company (No 1 face to face marketing in South East Asia) a single thought of negative or talking negative is punishable. It is called spreading negative. It became norm to not talk negative and always only talk positive but in normal environments negative thinking is ALWAYS there. What is more funny, people actually know without the negativity, everything is more productive (encourage, compliment) and great ideas appear from it. Therefore why can't we all be positive thinkers.

Bottom-line what I'm trying to say 1) I won't give up neither should you, 2) Success is not everything but it isn't wrong to aim HIGH, 3) try to think positive above all else even though it is hard, 4) admit we are wrong when we are wrong

No comments: