Search This Blog

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Long day Long post

Yesterday I went to help at a nostalgic event (at least to me) - Leadership seminar for Interact schools. Reminds me of high school. Life is really like a metamorphosis process. Who we mix with, what we learn along the way through experience makes us who we are today. In my education, I remember a huge debate and topic on the growth of a person in different environments. Lets just say if you have a specimen to play with, a human twin. You put both of them in different environments you would get two different people despite the similar genetic makeups.

On Friday cell group at SIB's, I came to conclude that life is really continuously a growing process. How much we have grown, we only know ourself. As a Christian myself, we follow the teachings of the bible. In fact we always get judged for our actions as it doesn't seem the same as what it is in the bible. You see my friends I repeat again life is like a metamorphosis, we aim to be Jesus-like but we can never be. Rest assure there is a standard which we can improve and aim forward to. It just as simple to conclude that we can never be as perfect as Jesus due to the nature of sin we have. This is what being AUTHENTIC is - Accepting the bad we have and improve it for better.

Thus again we tend to forget, who are we to judge people or anyone, we should just let OUR HEAVENLY FATHER JUDGE and be ACCOUNTABLE for our own wrong doings.

Having a long and tired day I decided not to go FGA, I must say I liked what Pastor Lee Choo said in SIB service - Topic about Meekness. I'll elaborate more of what I know and come to understand even though she din't talk so deep.

Meekness is needed when 1) facing opposition 2) provoked to anger 3)facing injustice.

Meekness is not weakness, but rather controlled strength. It is the opposite of pride. Because meekness is the selfless aspect of love, it can only be manifested from a strength of character. Those with a weak character are always occupied with self and with what others think or say to them. When you know who you are in God, what people say to you or think of you, will not move you; you are not self-centered.

Meekness brings Blessings, Meekness obtains Grace, Meekness is Teachable, Meekness places Others First, Meekness does not Criticize (only constructive),Meekness receives Rewards

In the end it comes to Humility. I just admire people who can understand this value. If I am filthy rich from my talent, I wouldn't be happy by just seeing myself be rich. I would definitely like to use what assets I have to help people. Share with them what ever I have. I would like to teach a man to fish than to feed him a life time though. Life is 100% more happy that way for me. What do you think?

One more thing I really like what Pastor Lee Choo said was the thing I've been hearing lots. Submission. Wifes submit to your husband, members submit to your leaders, family submit to God. Submission is not always weakness. She gave a depiction of a team lets say 5 ppl having a board meeting. Submission is not example "Orh I have no opinion" then follow the leaders opinion. Submission is example - One says "40 days fasting will be good", 2nd says "1 day fasting will be better cause easier for everyone to do", 3rd says "3 days is better". Then the Leader decides and says "1 and half days" and everyone just follows the leader's choice. This is very important in leadership, taking the ideas to make a great decision and members must give their thoughts as well obviously. SUBMISSION = no matter how bad the choice of the leader is, you still give your input and follow the choice.

A true leader does not misuse their leadership and command ppl to do their work but instead show pure guidance. Time to time I see people DO NOT UNDERSTAND LEADERSHIP!!! Giving orders and making people do work does not make you a LEADER. If you are a leader people will want to follow you without forcing them to join you. In layman's term it would be like the comparison between facilitating and teaching.

The WIFE is always the wisdom of the family as said in the Bible.

"What do you think should I buy the 40 inch tv" says husband

Wrong way "Don't buy the TV, Expensive, Waste money" says wife

Right way "I thought about it actually, Dear I think we should think again about
buying it alright? That day you were saying about donating some money to the children home, I also don't want buy my Gucci already why not we Contemplate on doing that instead of BUYING the TV or GUCCI? What do you think?" says Wife (I would like MUACKS, HUGS haha)

Pastor Lee Choo says one farnee word Feed your Husbands Ego lol.

I think this is one long post I have ever done. Just like to put out some of my thoughts. If you managed to read it till this end I would like to thank you for baring with it.


Just some photos I took below using phone till no battery.


No comments: