Search This Blog

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Few interesting things

Today before I came to school I read about the so called 1Black Malaysia Campaign and about the Monash lecturer being arrested. When I reach school I found 10 to 15 police cars. Some of the policeman were carrying mp5 sub machine guns. Link1 Link2

Taken from Mei How's blog

Couldn't take a close shot apparent some policeman stop some ppl who were taking pictures. The 2 girls in the photo came to me and asked me what was going on. In fact everyone was so curious ( I like knowing something that no one knows)


Another interesting thing that happen was I had a special lecturer for my class today on GIS (Geographic Information System). The class was superbly interesting compared to normal lectures. He talked about Spatial (the geological data) and Attribute (labeling) data. Then comes in vector and raster. According to him, a small data of area that you request for research can cost you easily 20 to 30k woah thats real money. One thing that he said about maps is that a lot of the world maps are wrong. The spacing and the size is not accurate but the US maps are accurate. Another thing he shared was that since there are many companies who have different datas and maps they each have allocated a wrong map portion in their database so that if anyone tries to copy their information they can easily identify it.


No comments: